1. Who Are We?
Başgül Avukatlık Bürosu is a fully independent law firm. In the context of our activities, we collect, hold, disclose and/or otherwise process personal data. Pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698, Başgül Avukatlık Bürosu qualifies as the data controller with regards to the personal data it processes.
2. We Value Your Privacy
We value the right to privacy as protected under Article 20 of Turkish Constitution and strive to fulfil all our obligations in compliance with the right to data protection under Article 20 paragraph 3 of the Turkish Constitution and the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
We process the following personal data automatically through our website www.basgul.av.tr, our contact addresses and social media accounts and non-automatically as part of a data recording system via our physical archives:
- Identity & Contact Information: name, surname, date of birth, ID documents and passport copies, taxpayer identity number, signature circulars, phone number, address, e-mail address and other contact information.
- Financial Information: Invoice details of clients, payment history, bank account information and other financial information.
- Information on Job Applicants: Information on the job applicants collected via our website, social media accounts and/or other resources.
- Special Category Personal Data: Surveillance cameras are used in our office and its surroundings for security. This means that you may appear in our cameras when you visit our offices.
We may collect these personal data directly from you, or from our clients, administrative and judicial authorities, open resources, our website and contact addresses.
WHICH PUPOSES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
- To provide legal services to our clients under the Attorneyship Law No. 1136 we process identity and contact information, financial information and data derived from your devices. We rely on the following legal bases to process these personal data: (i) in order to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, (iii) processing is necessary to establish, defend and exercise a right, (iv) our legitimate interest in processing these personal data, and (v) the personal data is disclosed by the data subject.
- To establish and exercise our legal entity we process identity and contact information, financial information and data derived from your devices. We rely on the following legal bases to process these personal data: (i) in order to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, (iii) processing is necessary to establish, defend and exercise a right, (iv) our legitimate interest in processing these personal data, and (v) the personal data is disclosed by the data subject.
- To ensure the security of office spaces you may be recorded by our surveillance cameras. A specialized third party provides for our security services in our offices. The security personnel of this service provider can access and monitor the camera footage if certain irregularities have taken place. In such case, the security personnel may also give us access to the camera footage. We use surveillance cameras to ensure that only authorized persons enter our offices and to protect our business and the interests connected to our business. We rely on the following legal bases to process the special category of personal data from the surveillance cameras: (i) processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations arising out of the Attorneyship Law No. 1136 and (ii) our legitimate interests in processing these personal data.
- To ensure effectiveness and security for our website we process data derived from your devices. We rely on our legitimate interest in ensuring the effectiveness and security of our website in relation to the legal services we provide.
- To inform you of certain events, developments, and/or meetings with relation to our legal services we process identity and contact information. We process these personal data based on our legitimate interest in providing you with this sort of information, or we rely on your priorly-obtained explicit consent when applicable.
- To ensure compliance with the applicable laws and to comply with our legal obligations we process identity and contact information, financial information and data derived from your devices. We rely on the following legal bases to process these personal data: (i) in order to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, and (iii) our legitimate interest in processing these personal data.
- To manage the job applications, we process identity and contact information, level of education, job experiences, and certain special categories of data such as criminal records and information on membership of any association. We rely on our legitimate interest to ensure that we hire competent and reputable personnel necessary to fulfil the duty of care we are obliged to perform as a law office.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We share your personal data only if necessary, with administrative and judicial authorities, tax offices, and limited to the purposes above, with our business partners, financial organizations, and other third parties. We share your personal data in order to (i) perform any writ, notification or other requests received from the administrative and judicial authorities or other authorized bodies that we are obliged to fulfil, (ii) protect the interests of Başgül Avukatlık Bürosu and our clients. We share your personal data on the legal basis that it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party. We do not share or transfer abroad the personal data you provide us with your job application.
We do not transfer your personal data abroad. If there are any circumstances where we need to transfer your personal data abroad, we will take all steps and set all safeguards with regards to obtaining your explicit consent or complying with any other obligation.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pursuant to Attorneyship Law No. 1136, we are obliged to keep records of data in relation to our clients for 5 years.
In principle, we will keep the camera footage for 3 months. However, if the surveillance cameras spot any irregularities, we will keep the camera footage for a longer period in order to investigate these irregularities. The camera footage is destroyed after the completion of this procedure.
Unless you consent to a different practice, the personal data you provide us prior to or during your job application will be kept for 1 month after completion of the application and selection procedure.
3. Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data pursuant to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698:(i) To learn if your personal data is being processed,
(ii) To request information with regards to the processing operations,
(iii) To learn the processing purposes for your personal data, and whether the data controller complies with the purpose limitation principle,
(iv) To learn whether your personal data is shared, whether your personal data is shared abroad, and if so, with whom your personal data is shared,
(v) To request the rectification of personal data if there are any mistakes,
(vi) To request the erasure or destruction of your personal data if the purpose for processing expires,
(vii) To object to the adverse consequences of the processing of your personal data,
(viii) To request compensation should you incur any damages due to unlawful processing of your personal data.
You may reach us at email@example.com with regards to your requests for exercising your rights in connection to your personal data.
You can restrict the cookies from being stored in your device by performing the necessary changes in your browser settings. We would also like to remind you that you can always delete the existing Cookies stored in your devices through the settings of your browser. In this regard, you can view our website without allowing the Cookies. However, disabling certain Cookies may affect your experience in viewing our website.
Our website uses [Google Analytics] as an online analysing service. We use the Cookies in your device to help analyse how you utilize our website and to improve your experience.
You can always disable [Google Analytics] from collecting and storing information.